This is a great recipe for experimenting. Substitute your favorite cheeses and herb combinations to design your favorite version.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Butter, for greasing
- 3 oz. ham, thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Herb sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease 4 6-ounce ramekins with the butter. Line the ramekins with the ham slices.
- Combine the eggs, Dijon, and yogurt, and mix well. Stir ¼ cup of the cheese into the egg mixture. Add half of the chives and parsley to the egg mixture, and stir well. Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and herbs.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and set. Garnish with herb sprigs and serve hot.