These delicious crackers are totally free of trans fats and have no added sugar, unlike many commercially manufactured crackers. They are very easy to make and delicious!
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, salt, rosemary, and garlic powder. Stir in 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Work the dough with your fingers or a food processor until it is the consistency of oatmeal. Stir milk in gradually, adding enough to make the dough hold together firmly.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the dough into a 12-by-16-inch rectangle.
- Roll onto a rolling pin and place on the parchment paper. Cut into 1-inch strips. Cut across strips to make 1-inch squares.
- Brush the tops of dough squares with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with oregano and sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Crackers will last a week.