Herb-Crusted Grilled Lamb
Easy, flavorful, and simple, this herb-crusted lamb recipe is elegant, sophisticated, and quick to prepare. Although it’s perfect on its own, a little zest of fresh lemon juice will add a beautiful pop of flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 racks of trimmed lamb (3 lbs. total)
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 2½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup spicy gluten-free mustard
- Position oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 450°F. Rub lamb with 1 tablespoon salt and 2 teaspoons pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix garlic, parsley, basil, rosemary, cornmeal, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper together. Add ⅛ cup olive oil and mix until mixture forms a paste.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Put one rack of lamb, meat-side down, into the skillet and hold against the heat for about 5 minutes, or until it has a nice crust. Repeat with second rack.
- Using a brush, paint the meaty side of both racks with mustard and press the herb mixture on top of it.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until medium rare (130°F–140°F). Let rest about 10 minutes before serving.