Herb and Garlic Roasted Pork Loin and Potatoes
This is a wonderful meal and so easy to prepare. The potatoes are roasted right along with the pork. You can replace the potatoes with 1
Serves: 16Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 lbs.)
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2½ tsp. dried thyme, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 8 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced fresh or freeze-dried chives
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rub pork roast all over with garlic, onion powder, and 1½ teaspoons thyme. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow roasting pan and roast for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, peel and quarter potatoes or cut into wedges. Cook potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, remaining thyme, chives, and garlic powder; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes around pork loin roast and return to the oven. Roast for about 1 hour longer or until pork registers 155°F–160°F. Remove from oven and loosely cover with foil. Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice pork and arrange on a serving platter with potatoes.