Herb-Lemon Veal Cutlets
Thin veal cutlets are simple to prepare and ready in a flash.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chopped capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 veal cutlets (4 oz. each)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and capers, and cook until soft, about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add the lemon zest, juice, and parsley, and stir to incorporate. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Sauté cutlets 3 minutes per side. Transfer the meat to a warm plate to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Reheat the sauce to serving temperature over medium heat, about 1 to 2 minutes. Place on a serving dish and drizzle any accumulated juices over the cutlets. Spoon the herb-lemon sauce over the cutlets and serve.