Herb Pasta Dough
This is fresh pasta dough with fresh herbs added. The flavor is subtle and delicious. Use any herb you want instead of or in addition to the rosemary in this recipe.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ cup semolina flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp. water
- In a bowl, combine flours, salt, and rosemary. Using your fingers, make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine egg with water and pour into the well in the flour mixture. Gradually bring the flour into the egg with a fork to form the dough. When dough comes together, press it together with your hands to form a ball and transfer it to a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 10 minutes by folding dough and pressing it down with your hands, adding flour sparingly if dough is too sticky. Wrap in plastic.
- Let dough rest 45 minutes before rolling as thinly as possible with a pasta machine or rolling pin. If you’re using a rolling pin, slice pasta thinly with a sharp knife when your dough is about 1⁄16" thick.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 3–5 minutes. You will know it is done when the pasta floats to the top of the water.