Herb-Pecan Crusted Rack of Lamb
This is a delicious and elegant main dish for 2, but you can also double the recipe to serve 4 people. Rack of lamb pairs well with mashed potatoes and buttered green beans or wilted spinach.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 55 minutes
- 1 rack of lamb (about 8 chops)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp. dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash lamb; pat dry and cut between ribs into 2 equal portions. Rub lamb with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Position lamb, meaty side up, in a roasting pan. Roast for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine rosemary, oregano, parsley, and pecans in a shallow bowl or plate. Rub mustard over lamb, then coat with pecan and herb mixture. Return to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or to desired doneness.