Herb-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
This is delectable, a fine appetizer for any occasion. You can stuff the tomatoes a day in advance and keep them in the refrigerator. Try with larger tomatoes for a vegetarian entrée.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. shredded fresh basil
- 8 Tbsp. fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Rinse the tomatoes and pat them dry on paper towels. Cut the very tops off the tomatoes. Using a melon baller, remove some of the juice and seeds from inside the tomatoes.
- Mix together the garlic, basil, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Add shredded cheese and parsley.
- Stuff the tomatoes, pressing the breadcrumb-and-herb meal down into the fruit. Place tomatoes in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and the tops browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving.