Herbed Apple Bread Dressing
Herb toasts from the bakery make this stuffing easy and tasty! If you can’t find herb toasts in your store’s bakery department you can substitute garlic and herb croutons.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 20 oz. herb toasts, crumbled, or garlic and herb croutons
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine herb toasts, apple, chicken broth, and eggs. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat melt the butter. Once it foams add the onion and celery and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to the bread mixture. Fold to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 40–50 minutes, or until dressing is golden brown on top and puffed. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.