Herbed Buttermilk Quick Bread
Choose this recipe for a quick and easy bread recipe to serve with dinner. Serve it warm from the oven with olive oil for dipping.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ cups whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp. dried dill weed
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, thyme, and dill and mix well. Add oil and buttermilk and mix just until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto floured work surface and knead 10 times. Shape into a flat, round loaf on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until bread is deep golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.