Herbed Cheese Omelet
Chives provide a mild onionlike flavor. They make a great addition to eggs, potatoes, and fish. Add chives to hot food last because heat tends to lessen their flavor.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters
- 1 tsp. water
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- Combine cream cheese and chives in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, water, and salt.
- Coat a skillet with nonstick spray. Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook on medium heat until the edges start to set (less than a minute). Tilt the pan so uncooked egg moves beneath the cooked portion. Continue to cook and tilt until the center of the eggs is no longer runny.
- Place cream cheese mix on half of the eggs and fold the second half over. Lift the pan up by the handle and slide the omelet onto a plate.