Herbed Chicken in Pastry
These pastry-wrapped chicken pockets are a warming, filling meal suitable for lunch or dinner – or, serve them to impress guests at your next dinner party.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Simple Truth Organic™ Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In medium skillet, melt butter and brown chicken on both sides over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate, let cool and chop.
- Unfold pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to 14” square. Cut into four equal-size squares. Spread equal portions of cream cheese in center of each square; sprinkle with oregano and basil and top with chicken.
- In small bowl, mix eggs and water; brush edges of squares with mixture. Fold each corner to the center on top of chicken and seal edges.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place stuffed pastries seam-side down on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with egg mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.