Herbed Chicken Puffs
Prepared chicken salad cuts down on the prep time for these easy herbed appetizers.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Gold Medal® All Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups deli chicken salad
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour and thyme; reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and beating until smooth after each addition.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded Tbsp. about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet away from draft, about 30 minutes.
- Cut off top one-third of each puff and pull out any filaments of soft dough. Fill each puff with 1 rounded Tbsp. chicken salad.