Herbed Chicken Wings with Roasted Delicata Squash
Herb-coated chicken wings are paired with tender-roasted squash in this quick and flavorful meal that’s perfect for busy days.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large delicata squash or acorn squash, trimmed, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Honey, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare two baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- On cutting board, place squash cut-side down. Cut into ½” slices; arrange on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then toss with salt and pepper. Set aside while preparing wings.
- In large bowl, toss together chicken wings and Italian seasoning. Once coated, place on second prepared baking sheet. Bake wings 40 to 50 minutes, until an internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Simultaneously, bake squash 20 minutes. Flip; continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve chicken wings and squash together, drizzling with honey if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.