Herbed Clam Dip
Use low-fat cottage cheese and low-fat yogurt for a low-fat, low-carb snack.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (10 oz.) minced clams, liquid reserved
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 3 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- Process the cottage cheese and red pepper in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Drain the clams, reserving 1 tablespoon of the liquid. Add the clams and 1 tablespoon of the liquid to the cottage cheese mixture. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill 1 hour before serving.