Herbed Cornbread Dressing
This dressing makes a terrific holiday side dish! You may use more cornbread and a lesser amount of bread crumbs if you wish . . . just be careful to adjust the amount of liquid if needed!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 cups crumbled corn bread
- 4 cups vegan bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock or broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled corn bread and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt margarine and oil together over medium heat and sauté onion, celery, and garlic for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add vegetable mixture to cornbread, including the margarine and oil used for cooking. Stir to combine. Mix in poultry seasoning, sage, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Add 2½ cups vegetable broth, stirring until just moistened. If dressing seems dry, add another ½ cup vegetable broth. Spoon dressing into a greased 9" × 13" baking dish, pressing down slightly to fill in any gaps.
- Bake for 50–60 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.