Herbed Flounder Pinwheels
These elegant flounder rolls are easy to make and delicious.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup soft bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. dried whole thyme
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 4 flounder fillets (4 oz. each)
- Preheat oven at 375°F. Steam spinach in vegetable steamer over boiling water until spinach is just wilted. Drain and chop spinach. In a small bowl, combine spinach, egg, bread crumbs, salt, thyme, and pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse flounder fillets with cold water and pat dry. Divide spinach mixture equally. Spoon mixture in center of each fillet. Beginning at narrow end, roll up in jellyroll fashion. Place seam side down in an 8" square baking dish. Cover and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Transfer rolls to a warmed serving platter. Serve immediately.