Herbed Focaccia Bread with Cherry Tomatoes
From watching the dough rise to enjoying the flavor, this fluffy focaccia – topped with cherry tomatoes and fragrant spices – is as much fun for the family to make as it is to eat!
Serves: 6Prep: 2 hoursCook: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm (about 110°F) water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped or ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped or ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- In medium bowl, combine flour and salt. In separate bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Let sit until foamy.
- Stir yeast into flour mixture; knead into ball. In large bowl, drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and place dough in center. Cover with kitchen towel. Place in warm area; let rise 1 to 2 hours, until doubled in size.
- In 9” round cakepan, drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place dough into pan; cover with kitchen towel. Let rise 20 to 30 minutes, until dough fills pan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using your fingers, press holes in dough all the way down to pan bottom. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; place cherry tomato halves into holes. Sprinkle with parsley, rosemary, thyme and sea salt.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly golden.