Herbed Goat Cheese and Beets on Spinach Greens
This is a delicious way to enjoy goat cheese—use it to top off this colorful salad made with baby spinach, beets, and a nutrient-dense mixture of seeds and nuts.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1¼ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- 12 oz. baby spinach
- 1 large cooked beet, peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 4 oz. fresh goat cheese log, chilled and sliced
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, thyme, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and almonds.
- Divide the spinach, beet slices, and goat cheese slices onto 4 chilled dinner plates. Drizzle each salad with dressing and sprinkle with seed mixture and remaining salt and pepper.