Herbed Potato Patties
Hearty, nutrition-packed potatoes deliver amazing taste in these patties packed with delicious herbs and spices. Great with a cool or tangy dipping sauce, these delicious bites of potato perfection are amazing appetizers that are delicious and nutritious!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Idaho potatoes, shredded
- 1 egg, or ¼ cup vegan egg substitute
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, egg, scallions, rosemary, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Combine all ingredients until wet and thoroughly combined, and form the mixture into 8 even patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place 4 patties in the skillet at a time to avoid overcrowding and to allow enough room for even cooking. Cook patties for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Flip and continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
- Remove patties from skillet and place on paper towels to drain excess oil and moisture.