Herbed Rice Sauté
Add color and flavor to a simple rice pilaf by stirring in fresh herbs just before serving. This pilaf goes nicely with fish and chicken.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. lactose-free margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2¼ cups water
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 chicken-flavored bouillon cubes
- Melt margarine in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add rice and onion, sautéing until rice is lightly browned. Add water; stir in bouillon until dissolved, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in fresh herbs and serve.