Herbed Ricotta Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh ricotta has enough buttery warmth in it to create easy and dazzling appetizers. You can use the ricotta mixture as a dip for crudités, or spread it on crostini.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 Tbsp. minced basil
- 1 Tbsp. minced Italian parsley
- 1⁄8 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice enough off the tops of the cherry tomatoes to be able to hollow them out with a small knife, then scrape the insides to remove seeds, and place the tomatoes on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, blend ricotta, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add enough (1 to 2 teaspoons each) of the ricotta mixture to each hollowed-out tomato so that it creates a small mound above the tomato top. Drizzle scant amounts of olive oil on each tomato. Serve immediately or refrigerate for several hours before serving.