Herbed Sweet Potato Sticks
These fries are good for you and make a delicious and energizing side dish that substitutes for traditional French fries. Great for kids!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blanch the sweet potato pieces in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes. Dry on paper towels. Spread sticks in one layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.