Herbed Yogurt Cheese
A burst of herbs combined with yogurt cheese makes this cheese smell like a little herb garden—and it tastes even better! How does your little herb garden grow? Full of calcium!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup plain yogurt (made without gelatin)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. caraway seed
- 1 tsp. fresh basil
- 1 tsp. fresh dill
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. snipped fresh chives
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter, using it as a sieve. (If you donʼt have a paper coffee filter, you can line a colander with paper towels). Spoon yogurt into coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl so yogurt can drain. Make sure there is at least an inch between the bottom of the strainer and the bottom of the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Discard liquid. Carefully remove homemade yogurt cheese from paper. Please note that the longer the yogurt drains, the thicker it becomes.
- Combine yogurt cheese with remaining ingredients in medium-sized bowl until well blended. Cover tightly. Chill until ready to serve.