Herby Fried Egg Bowl with Red Quinoa
This is going to become a “go-to” breakfast. It’s loaded with grains and flavor, and it makes the first meal of the day one of the most beautiful.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped oregano
- Heat butter in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs directly into the pan. Season with pepper and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Cook until the whites of the eggs are set, about 3 minutes.
- Place the quinoa, tomatoes, avocado, and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
- Whisk the yogurt, parsley, oregano, and remaining salt together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad. Top with fried egg.