Hershey’s Kisses Springtime Thumbprint Cookies
Bring the colors of the rainbow to your kitchen with these fun and flavorful thumbprint cookies. Decorated with vibrant hues of your choosing, they’re as tasty as they are bright.
Serves: 36Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 36 pieces HERSHEY’S KISSES Milk Chocolates, wrappers removed
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, in desired colors
- Sanding sugar, in desired colors
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Mix butter mixture into flour mixture.
- For each color desired, evenly divide dough into separate bowls. In each bowl, mix in food coloring until color is uniform.
- Form 36 1” balls. Roll each ball in matching sugar color; arrange on sheet pan.
- Gently press thumb into balls to form indentation. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly; transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Divide and tint frosting to match cookie colors. In each cookie indentation, place about ½ teaspoon frosting; press chocolate piece into frosting.