Hibiscus and Lime Water
Made with Hibiscus leaves, this flavorful drink, agua de jamaica, is great in any kind of weather, delicious cold or hot.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 12 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1⁄2 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 key limes
- Combine the water, hibiscus flowers, and sugar in a glass container. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Cut 3 of the limes in half and squeeze the juice into the water. Discard the rinds. Cut the remaining lime into 1⁄4-inch rounds and put in the water.
- Cover the container and store in a warm place for 12 hours.
- Strain to remove the hibiscus flowers and lime rounds before serving.