Hibiscus and Lime Water
This flavorful drink, agua de jamaica, is great in any kind of weather, delicious cold or hot. Hibiscus leaves, or jamaica in Spanish, can be found in some tea shops, Latin markets, or online.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 12 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 4 key limes
- Combine the water, hibiscus flowers, and sugar in a glass container. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Cut 3 of the limes in half and squeeze the juice into the water. Discard the rinds. Cut the remaining lime into ¼" rounds and put in the water.
- Cover the container and store in a warm place for 12 hours.
- Strain to remove the hibiscus flowers and lime rounds before serving.