Hickory Grilled Veal Chops
Serve this with an herb-butter sauce and a side dish of boiled artichokes laced with butter, fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 thick bone-in loin veal chops (8 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. dry mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Prepare grill with banked coals on one side, a water pan in the empty space, and presoaked chips for smoking.
- Putting the chops between layers of waxed paper, pound them with a mallet or a 5-pound weight until they are almost double in size.
- Mix rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, mustard, and oil together and spread on the chops, pressing into the meat with the back of a spoon.
- Grill quickly to brown, then place on indirect heat to smoke for 10–15 minutes. Serve medium-rare.