Ho Fung (Beef Chow)
This light Cantonese dish is made with flat, chewy noodles and tender, well-cooked beef, but it's the savory sauce that makes this meal so delicious. Get ready to chow down on this beef chow!
Serves: 6Prep: 4 hours 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Mirin Rice Cooking Wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. Kroger® Pure Sesame Oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound Private Selection™ Angus Beef Boneless Flank Steak, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Hemisfares™ Double Fermented Soy Sauce
- In a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon less-sodium soy sauce, cooking wine, oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add flank steak and cover with sauce. Refrigerate for 4 hours, mixing several times.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce, dark soy sauce, two teaspoons sesame oil and sugar. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook meat in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for 4-6 minutes, or until internal temperature is 160°F, turning once.
- In separate skillet, sauté onions in remaining oil, about 2 minutes. Toss in noodles and bean sprouts. Mix in green onions, beef and soy sauce.