Holiday Blueberry Coffee Cake
A wonderful and light dessert after a heavy meal! You can substitute dried cranberries for a festive cake.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix 3⁄4 cup sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and milk in a large bowl.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture. Fold in blueberries carefully. Pour batter into baking pan.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the batter. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing.