These chewy and crispy macaroons have been popular since the recipe came out in the 1950s. Try to make them on a dry day for best results.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 cups cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Stir in cream of tartar and vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar while beating. Beat until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Carefully stir in pecans, coconut, and corn flakes. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheet immediately. Cool