Vibrant in color and flavor, this simple dip makes any meal more special. Serve with everything from chips to tacos to rice and beans. Guacamole is best consumed fresh, so serve the same day.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 small ripe tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Peel, pit, and dice the avocado. Place diced avocado in a deep bowl and mash with a fork, as smoothly or coarsely as desired. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill before serving.