Home Chef Avocado Tartine with Eggs and Bacon
Start your day with classic bacon and eggs accompanied by an insanely hearty open-faced sandwich that’s piled high with creamy avocado, tomatoes, and savory goat cheese.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 radish, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 baguette, cut into sandwich size pieces and halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 sprigs cilantro, de-stemmed
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, halved
- 6 strips bacon
- 6 ounces liquid egg
- 1⁄2 ounce goat cheese crumbles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- On baking sheet, cook bacon 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove to paper-towel lined plate.
- In mixing bowl, combine diced avocado, lime juice (to taste), half the green onion, half the cilantro and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mash lightly if desired. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Take 2 baguette pieces (halves) and brush each with 1 teaspoon olive oil. In medium pan over medium-high heat, toast bread cut side down 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- In pan over medium-high heat, cook liquid eggs in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Use a rubber spatula to constantly scrape along bottom of pan until eggs are set and a little wet, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top baguette with avocado salad, radish slices, tomatoes, remaining cilantro, remaining green onions, goat cheese and a pinch of pepper. Serve with eggs and bacon.