Home Chef Black Bean Enchiladas
Craving something spicy? This vegetarian enchilada from Home Chef, tightly packed with jalapeño and poblano peppers, black beans, corn and cheese, will hit the spot.
- 1⁄2 can (7.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced, divided
- 1⁄2 cup red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 2⁄3 cup corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, poblano pepper (to taste) and jalapeño (to taste). Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add corn, half of the black beans, taco seasoning and a pinch of salt. Cook and continue to stir occasionally for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from burner and cool for 3-5 minutes. Coat bottom of casserole dish with ¼ cup enchilada sauce.
- Add ⅓ cup onion-pepper mixture to each tortilla, being careful not to overfill. Roll tortillas tightly and place seam-side down in casserole dish. Top tortillas with any leftover filling, pour over remaining ¼ cup enchilada sauce and top with cheese.
- Spray a sheet of foil with cooking spray and place over casserole dish. Tightly seal and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake 7-9 more minutes until cheese is bubbly. Serve, garnished with remaining jalapeño and sour cream.