Home Chef Blackened Chicken Salad
This pan-seared chicken – coated in blackening seasoning and cooked to juicy, savory perfection – is served over a bed of spinach topped with buttermilk dressing, bleu cheese, baked carrot ribbons and grape tomatoes.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 carrot, cut into long ribbons
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Kroger® Blackened Seasoning Shaker
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup spinach
- 3 tablespoons bleu cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- On prepared baking sheet, arrange carrot ribbons in single layer. Drizzle with olive oil; season with pinch of salt and pepper. Over carrots, place a second baking sheet. Bake until carrots begin to brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. If you don't have a second baking sheet, layer more foil and press heavy casserole dish over top. Transfer carrots to paper towel-lined plate.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil. Season chicken breasts evenly with blackening spice and pinch of salt and pepper; cook on first side 5 minutes, until well-colored. Cook on second side 6 minutes, until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165°F. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, sour cream, white wine vinegar, cracked black pepper and pinch of salt. Toss in spinach.
- Between two plates, divide dressed salad evenly. Lean chicken breast on greens; garnish with halved tomatoes, bleu cheese and crispy carrots.