Home Chef Blue Cheese and Smoked Almond Pork Chop with Honey-Roasted Carrots and Chives
Tender pork chops get a major flavor boost with a crust of blue cheese crumbles, smoked almonds and fresh chives.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 chives, minced
- 16 ounces carrots, peeled and cut into French-fry-size sticks
- 1⁄2 ounce smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 1⁄2 ounce honey
- 3⁄4 ounce blue cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat pork chops dry and season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place carrot sticks on prepared baking sheet and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil, honey and ¼ teaspoon salt. Massage oil and honey into carrots. Spread into a single layer and roast in hot oven until very tender and lightly charred, 25-30 minutes. While carrots roast, make topping.
- Combine blue cheese, almonds, half the chives (reserve remaining for garnish) and ¼ teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place a medium oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and pork chops to hot pan and cook on one side until well-browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Flip pork chops and spoon blue cheese-almond topping onto seared side. Place pan in oven and roast until cheese melts and pork chops reach a minimum internal temperature of 145°F, 4-6 minutes. Transfer chops to a plate and rest at least 5 minutes. Plate dish as pictured, garnishing with remaining chives. Bon appétit!