Home Chef Bone-In Pork Chop with Parsley-Garlic Butter
This delicious compound butter – made with tender roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese – is the perfect accompaniment to these juicy bone-in pork chops and honey-glazed peas and carrots.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 2 carrots, cut into ½” pieces
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces peas
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with foil and cooking spray.
- Using foil, form pouch around garlic. Place directly on oven rack, open-side up; roast until garlic is tender, 20 minutes.
- Season pork with ¼ teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, parsley, Parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, pinch of salt and ground pepper. Refrigerate until ready to plate.
- In non-stick pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sear pork chops until golden brown, 3 minutes. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, seared side up. Reserve pan (no need to wipe clean).
- Roast until pork chops reach a minimum internal temperature of 145°F, 8-10 minutes.
- Return pan to medium heat. Cook carrots undisturbed until lightly charred, 5 minutes. Add peas and honey to pan; stir occasionally until vegetables are coated, 3 minutes. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- To serve, garnish pork chops with parsley-garlic butter.