Home Chef Buffalo Turkey Meatball Salad
This filling salad has the fiery flavor of Buffalo sauce and the cooling relief of celery and ranch over crisp and refreshing greens.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese
- 1 romaine heart, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, sliced into thin strips
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together turkey, blue cheese (reserve a pinch for garnish), celery, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Form into 8 to 10 ping-pong-sized meatballs.
- In a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cook meatballs until browned on all sides, 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to prepared baking sheet; roast until they reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F, 12-14 minutes. Wipe pan clean and reserve.
- Return pan to medium heat. Melt butter, 30 to 60 seconds. Add hot sauce (start with half if you’re spice-sensitive, then add rest to taste); cook 2 minutes. Add meatballs; toss to coat.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together romaine, arugula, grape tomatoes and shallot (to taste).
- On two plates, arrange salad. Place meatballs over; drizzle with ranch dressing. Garnish with remaining blue cheese.