Home Chef Farmhouse Fried Chicken
Enjoy a satisfying Southern-inspired meal thanks to Home Chef, with homemade fried chicken, sweet corn and perfectly fluffy mashed potatoes.
Serves: 2Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 8 tablespoons whipping cream, divided
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced on angle, plus more for garnish
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into ½” pieces
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chicken breading
- 6 tablespoons corn kernels
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a small pot over high heat, arrange potatoes in just enough water to cover them. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer; cook until fork-tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mix in half the butter, 2 tablespoons cream, ½ teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mash until desired consistency is achieved. Cover and set aside.
- Pat chicken breasts dry; season both sides with a pinch of pepper. In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons water. In a separate mixing bowl, place chicken breading. One at a time, dip chicken breast in mayonnaise-water mixture, then coat in breading, shaking off any excess breading.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, warm canola oil. Cook chicken breasts 14 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes, until golden brown and internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165°F. Transfer to towel-lined plate.
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine 1 teaspoon olive oil and corn. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small pot over medium heat, simmer green onions and remaining cream until slightly thickened, stirring often, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat; swirl in remaining butter. Season with pepper. To serve, arrange chicken, corn and potatoes on plate. Pour gravy oven chicken.