Home Chef Mesquite Chicken with Loaded Potato Wedges
Capture the essence of sweet and piney mesquite flavor with spiced chicken served alongside potato wedges piled high with tasty toppings.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mesquite seasoning, divided
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into ¼” wedges
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 4 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 13 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1 ounce sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place potato wedges on prepared baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Massage oil and seasoning into potatoes. Spread into a single layer on one half of baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Potatoes will finish cooking in a later step. While potato wedges roast, prepare ingredients.
- Quarter mushrooms. Trim and thinly slice green onions on an angle, keeping white and green portions separate. Halve tomatoes. Pat chicken breasts dry and season both sides with 1 tablespoon mesquite seasoning (reserve remaining for mushrooms).
- Carefully flip hot potato wedges on baking sheet. Place chicken on empty half of baking sheet. Roast until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F and potato wedges are golden brown, 17-20 minutes. While chicken and wedges roast, cook mushrooms.
- Place a medium nonstick pan over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add mushrooms and white portions of green onions to hot pan. Stir occasionally until mushrooms are browned, 5-7 minutes. Season with remaining mesquite seasoning and remove from burner.
- Plate dish as pictured, garnishing potato wedges with cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, sour cream and green portions of green onions. Slice chicken if desired and brush or drizzle with barbecue sauce. Bon appétit!