Home Chef Mojito Pork Chops with Mandarin Orange & Arugula Salad
Create a cocktail-inspired meal infused with herbal flavor from mojito lime seasoning. Serve it alongside a refreshing salad of arugula and mandarin oranges!
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mint, stemmed and chopped
- 4 ounces mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
- 1 lime, cut in half, zested and juiced
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon mojito lime seasoning
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 1⁄2 ounce slivered almonds
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Drain mandarin oranges and reserve juice. Zest lime, cut in half and juice. Stem and coarsely chop mint. Peel shallot and thinly slice. Pat pork chops dry and season both sides with mojito lime seasoning and a pinch of pepper.
- Place 2 tablespoons reserved mandarin orange juice, 4 teaspoons lime juice, 4 teaspoons olive oil, honey, mint (reserve a pinch for garnish), 2 teaspoons lime zest and a pinch of pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly; set aside 2 tablespoons dressing for pork chops.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Place pork chops in pan and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer pork chops to prepared baking sheet. Pork chops will finish cooking in a later step.
- Place baking sheet in oven and roast until pork chops reach a minimum internal temperature of 145°F, 8-10 minutes. Rest 5 minutes. While pork chops rest, make salad.
- Stir dressing to recombine. Add arugula, mandarin oranges and shallots (to taste) to dressing. Toss to coat. Plate dish as pictured, topping pork chops with remaining dressing. Garnish salad with slivered almonds and remaining mint. Bon appétit!