Home Chef Neapolitan Pizza Margherita with Arugula Salad & Basil
Grape tomatoes, robust marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella and bright basil become irresistible when baked until melty and crisp.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan, divided in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 shallot, peeled and cut in half
- 3 ounces fresh Ciliegine mozzarella balls, halved
- 1⁄4 ounce basil, stemmed
- 4 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 3 ounces marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a medium nonstick pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add shallot to hot pan and stir occasionally until soft and aromatic, 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from burner. While shallots cook, par-bake flatbreads.
- Place flatbreads directly on rack in hot oven and bake until slightly crisp, 6-8 minutes. Carefully remove flatbreads from oven and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread marinara on each flatbread. Add mozzarella halves and divide Parmesan in half (reserving remaining for garnish). Top with tomatoes, shallot and a pinch of red pepper flakes to taste (reserve remaining for garnish). Bake until crust is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly and melted, 5-7 minutes. Let pizzas rest for 2 minutes. While pizzas rest, make salad.
- Thoroughly combine balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a mixing bowl. Add arugula and toss to coat. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Plate dish as pictured, garnishing pizzas with basil leaves, remaining Parmesan and remaining red pepper flakes. Top with salad. Bon appétit!