Home Chef New England-Style Fish Cakes
Add a new dimension to your seafood with these lemony fish cakes by Home Chef. Baked tilapia, fresh parsley and crackers join forces for a distinctive, zesty dinner that’s surprisingly calorie-conscious.
Serves: 2Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 shallot, divided, ½ minced and ½ sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY® Seasoning, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley, minced
- 2 (6 oz. each) tilapia fillets
- 1 lemon, divided, ½ cut into wedges and ½ juiced
- 1 romaine heart, coarsely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons poppyseed dressing
- Olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with foil and cooking spray.
- On baking sheet, place tilapia; drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Roast 12-14 minutes, until fish reaches a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.
- Once tilapia has cooled, lightly shred fillets and place in mixing bowl. Combine with crackers, mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons minced shallot, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, half the seasoning, half the parsley and a pinch of pepper. Set aside 5 minutes.
- Stir mixture until slightly sticky. Form into four evenly-sized fish cakes, about 4” in diameter.
- On a large non-stick pan over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Working in batches if necessary, cook fish cakes until browned and warmed throughout, 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together romaine, tomato, sliced shallot and poppyseed dressing. Squeeze lemon wedge over fish cakes and garnish with remaining parsley and the remaining seasoning.