Home Chef Salmon Crusted with "Everything Bagel" Seasoning
Served atop an arugula salad with a caper-lemon vinaigrette, one bite of this “everything bagel”-seasoned salmon will put you in a New York state of mind.
Serves: 2Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon capers, minced
- 1⁄2 shallot, sliced into thin strips, plus more for garnish
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil and cooking spray.
- On prepared baking sheet, arrange salmon. Brush tops with Dijon mustard; generously and evenly sprinkle with “everything bagel” seasoning. Bake until salmon is flaky, firm and reaches minimum internal temperature of 145°F, 8-12 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine capers, minced shallot and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons olive oil; whisk briskly until oil and lemon juice are fully combined. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper.
- In small bowl, stir together sour cream and chives. Season to taste with pinch of salt.
- Toss arugula into vinaigrette.
- To serve, place even amount of arugula on each plate. Top with tomatoes, sliced shallots and salmon. Garnish with dollop of chive sour cream and lemon zest.