Home Chef Sunday Supper Pot Roast Steak
Enjoy the comforting flavor of a traditional Sunday roast with this hassle-free, hearty dinner. Paired with mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, this Home Chef meal will win you over, heart, mind and stomach.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ½” pieces
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon pot roast seasoning mix
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium pot, cover potatoes with salted water. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer; cook 15-18 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Reserve ¼ cup water and discard remaining water.
- Mix in sour cream and ¼ teaspoon salt; mash until smooth. Cover; set aside. Note: If potatoes are too dry, add reserved cooking water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- On prepared baking sheet, toss carrots in 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Arrange in single layer; roast 20-24 minutes, until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of steaks with a pinch of salt and pepper. On medium non-stick pan over medium heat, arrange steaks over 2 teaspoons olive oil. Cook 5 minutes per side, until well-browned and internal temperature reaches a minimum of 145°F. Transfer steaks to plate and let rest.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Bring ½ cup water, demi-glace, accumulated juices from resting steaks and pot roast seasoning to boil. Once boiling, stir occasionally until slightly thickened, 3 minutes. Remove pan from burner; swirl in butter.
- On a baking sheet with roasted carrots, add peas and return to hot oven. Roast 3 minutes, until peas are warmed through. To serve, arrange steak next to mashed potatoes and vegetables. Spoon gravy over potatoes and steak.