Home Chef Umami Burger with Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
Make a miso-marinated beef burger topped with all the fixings on a toasted brioche bun! It pairs perfectly with Parmesan sweet potato fries for that extra special something.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 ounce grated Parmesan, divided in half
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 pound sweet potato, cut into ½” fries
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into ¼” rounds
- 1 ounce mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 2 buns
- 2 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place sweet potato fries on prepared baking sheet and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Spread into a single layer and roast in hot oven until brown and tender, 28-33 minutes, flipping once after 15 minutes. Rest 5 minutes on baking sheet to firm up. Garnish with half of the Parmesan (reserve remaining for patties). While fries roast, combine mayonnaise, sun-dried tomato pesto and 1 teaspoon miso (reserve remaining for patties) in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine ground beef, remaining miso, remaining Parmesan and a pinch of pepper in another mixing bowl. Form ground beef mixture into two 5” patties. Make a small dimple in middle of each patty to prevent patties from bulging when cooked.
- Place a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Brush cut side of buns with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place buns in hot pan, cut side down and toast until golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Remove to a plate. Keep pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and burgers to hot pan. Cook on one side until browned, 4-6 minutes. Flip burgers and add mushrooms. Stir mushrooms occasionally until browned and burgers reach a minimum internal temperature of 160°F, 4-6 minutes. Burgers may finish before mushrooms. Transfer burgers to a plate and top each with a white cheddar slice. Plate dish as pictured, topping bun with sauce, onion, burger and mushrooms. Bon appétit!