Homemade Aussie Bites
Need a quick pick-me-up? These nutritious mini muffins make a tasty and healthy snack any time of day.
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 32 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Refined Coconut Oil
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Agave
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Raw Sunflower Seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray or grease with coconut oil.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together coconut oil, maple syrup and agave until coconut oil has melted. Set aside.
- In 8-cup or larger food processor, combine oat flour, oats and sunflower seeds. Pulse until seeds and oats begin to break up. Add coconut, flaxseed meal, baking powder and salt. Pulse to mix. Add raisins and dried apricots and pulse until apricots are approximately the size of peas.
- Pour melted coconut oil mixture over dry ingredients; pulse just until combined. Transfer mixture to large bowl and stir well.
- Scoop batter into pan. With fingers, press each muffin gently but firmly to pack and flatten.
- Bake muffins for about 12 minutes, until set and edges are golden. Let cool for 10 minutes. Use a butter knife to help remove muffins from pan; cool on wire rack. (Note: Muffins will be fragile until completely cooled.)