Homemade Bean and Vegetable Burgers
Homemade bean burgers are much better than their frozen, store-bought counterparts, and you know these don’t contain any extra fillers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large Yukon gold potato, cooked and cooled
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- ⅓ cup fresh or defrosted frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- ¼ tsp. ground chipotle
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, mash the beans and potato together using a potato masher. Add the remaining ingredients, except the oil. Mix and form into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil on medium-high in a medium skillet. Cook the burgers, flipping once, until cooked through and browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.