Homemade Breakfast Sausage Patties
It’s easy to make your own breakfast patties. Wearing disposable, plastic kitchen gloves makes mixing the sausage and forming the patties more comfortable. Dipping your gloved hands in water occasionally helps keep the raw meat from sticking.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lean ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground sage
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Place pork, egg, onion, garlic, brown sugar, sage, rosemary, crushed red pepper, paprika, thyme, black pepper, and salt in a medium bowl. Using your hands, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Measure out 1⁄4 cup of the mixture and form into a patty. Repeat until the mixture is gone. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil until it shimmers. Fry patties for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and fully cooked. Patties should have an internal temperature of 160˚F.
- Remove to a plate lined with papers towels to drain before serving.