This chili cooks all day in the slow cooker. Itʼs thick, hearty, and filling; all the things chili should be!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 10 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (80%)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, and diced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add ground beef, onion, and garlic and cook until beef is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients except cornstarch and 1⁄4 cup water. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1⁄4 cup water and mix well. Stir into chili, then turn heat to high and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until chili is thickened. Serve immediately.